The following instruments are housed and maintained in the CRI Metabolomics Facility for use by CRI investigators and collaborators:
Basic metabolite analysis:
- NOVA BioProfile 4 (measures glucose, lactate, glutamine and glutamate from tissue culture medium).
- Hansatech Oxygraph (measures oxygen consumption in intact cells or isolated mitochondria).
High performance liquid chromatography and ultra-high performance liquid chromatography:
- Hitachi L-8900 Amino Acid Analyzer (clinical-grade analyzer to quantify free amino acids in plasma, culture medium, or tissue extracts).
- Hitachi Ultra-High Performance Liquid Chromatography system (rapid analysis of amino acids and other metabolites).
Gas chromatography/mass spectrometry:
- GC/MS#1: Agilent 7890 networked to Agilent 5973 Mass Selective Detector
- GC/MS#2: Agilent 7890 networked to Agilent 5973 Mass Selective Detector
Triple quadrupole mass spectrometry:
- AB SCIEX 5500
The following instruments are available in other departments within UT Southwestern: