FlowJo/Panel Designer/Spectral Viewer
FlowJo Site License
The Flow Cytometry Facility administers the CRI site license for FlowJo analysis software. This results
in a significant discount compared to individual purchase. To participate in this program you must be affiliated with UT Southwestern and be able to provide a valid account number for this license to be billed.
Please note: You will be billed for a full year license if you request the software. Our billing cycle begins in September of each year. Using the software one time during the cycle constitutes a full year subscription.
The current version of FlowJo for Windows or Mac can be downloaded from FlowJo’s website.
Several Flow Cytometry companies have created fluorochrome spectral viewers to facilitate your panel design and have a theoretical prediction of the compensation.
These online tools are designed to aid customer understanding of important principles, dependencies, and relationships involved in selecting fluorochromes for multicolor flow cytometry. Users of this tool should ultimately rely on their own judgment when selecting fluorochromes for multicolor panels and experiments.
- BD Spectrum Viewer
- eBioscience Spectra Viewer
- Invitrogen SpectraViewer
- BioLegend Fluorescence Spectra Analyzer
One difficult task that people encounter when they start making multicolor flow cytometry panels is the process of finding antibodies, and knowing which fluorochromes to use for our instruments. The CRI Flow Cytometry Facility recommends using Fluorish Panel designer—developed by Tree Star—to help you in this task.
Panel Designer Instructions
Setting up a Flourish account:
- Go to the Flourish website using this link.
- Enter your information and in the institution box, make sure the following appears: “CRI Flow Cytometry Facility.” When done, click the ‘Join Flourish’ button.
- Sign into your new Flourish account. Under the section titled “Core you have joined,” you will see: CRI Flow Cytometry Facility. Select “Join Core,” and you will be added.
Downloading panel wizard and using it for panel design:
- Once you’ve signed into your Flourish account, at the top of the home tab, click the “download” icon under “Get the Flourish panel wizard.”
- Install and run the panel wizard.
- Follow the instructions and fill out your information in the panel wizard and select from our list of instruments that you will have your panel analyzed or sorted on.
If you have any questions, please call 214-633-2026.
Cytobank provides a turnkey storage solution for your flow cytometry data. Cytobank allows researchers a new way to manage, search and analyze their FCS files over the web. Their analysis system is designed to incorporate annotations and make it easier to create figures for lab meetings, publications or for sharing.
Cytobank facilitates discussions around flow cytometry across and within groups. Users can share experiment data and details quickly and easily through the web. Their collaborators can start with the result and drill down to the underlying single cell data.
A key challenge in flow cytometry is communicating the results along with sufficient experiment details to allow for additional analysis. In Cytobank, users are providing these details during the course of analysis. Thus, you can start with analyzed/gated data, drill down to the raw data, and export gated or raw data in tab-delimited or fcs formats.